Did he die? :(

karipatra

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

I was SO excited when I went to bed last night! One of my axie egg babies was making a break for freedom from his egg! The head and gills were totally out of the egg.

But just now, when I got up to ge look, he/she was still in the exact same position.

Does it take that long usually? Or was it too much for the wee one and it passed away?

Like any good biologist, you should poke it with a stick.

Really though, at this point, you should try to liberate it from the egg and see if it swims.

Like any good biologist, you should poke it with a stick.

Really though, at this point, you should try to liberate it from the egg and see if it swims.

This should be the first law of biology.

This should be the first law of biology.

It is!

Some biologists are daring and just poke things. I like to test the waters a little first.

Well, I must be a good budding biologist because I did poke at the egg very lightly, and the wee one didn't move.

I'll try getting the egg off it now.

The second one broke free, and after a tough minute or 2 of wrangling it in a spoon, is now in his own private tupperware suite. :D

Removed the egg and the wee one is stiff, so didn't make it.

So out of 30, so far I've lost 4: 2 infertile, 1 developed weirdly and died in the egg, and now this one.

I hope the rest all make it :)

<3 >o_o< <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back