My axolotl (RIP) on TV tonight!!!

rosstxttpo

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Display Name
Ross TxT-TPO
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but my recently deceased axolotl features on a show called 'Junior Vets' which airs tonight at 17.45pm on the CBBC Channel (Virgin 701).

If it is of any interest to anyone, it shows him being anaesthetised and a biopsy taken from his cloaca.

Here is a preview :

BBC - CBBC - Junior Vets Axolotl Sneak Peek

Full episode is available on NBC I player too. Sorry to hear you lost your animal, but its nice to see axolotls represented on tv

I saw this too my daughter called me in to see it as she has two which we got for her as an early Christmas present. I was really interesting to see how it was done. Love the name too!

Poor Gary, sorry for your loss. :(
Thanks for the video, I wondered how they anaesthetised axolotls. The video is also on BBC iPlayer.

BBC iPlayer - Junior Vets: Episode 4
The axolotl is on at 4:00 and then it cuts off onto other animals until 21:52 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

anyway i can watch this in the US?

Poor Gary, sorry for your loss. :(
Thanks for the video, I wondered how they anaesthetised axolotls.

Thank you.

I will need to watch it again as I was only half watching it first time round as my girlfriend was a little upset so I don't know if they showed how they anaesthetised him but I believe they just add something to his water and up the concentrate slowly.

They told us after that he was the first axolotl that they had done.

I am getting a DVD of it sent out so I'll get it uploaded to YouTube and link it on here. It may be a few weeks though.

Unfortunately you cannot watch BBC i-player in the US (P.S. my original post accidentally said NBC, it should have been BBC). Will be good to get it put on youtube though.

I'm very sorry for your loss :( But, I always get excited when I hear about Axolotls in the media. I look forward to a link that us in the US can watch ^.^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back