Question: New additions and a couple questions

Grin

Reaction score
Country
United States
So i picked up 3 new axolotls today with their tank.
I already have a tank her with a sponge filter running.
I tested their water which came from their tank previously and the ammonia level is high, while the tank i just started is 0. I'm debating on weather to place them in the tank i'm cycling or to wait until its done.
I also purchase this ATM Colony Professional Grade Nitrifying Bacteria Freshwater Aquarium Supplement at PETCO

Read some reviews and some people say it helps boost cycling and some people say it does nothing. Worth the try?!

Thanks, Britt

Unless it's refrigerated, all those 'nitrifying bacteria' bottles are junk. All they do is add ammonia to your tank.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back