Illness/Sickness: Bloated and prolapse?

jmblake076

Reaction score
Country
United States
My bf bought an axie and didnt research for them, so he was in a tank with a cheap filter and an airstone and gravel
maybe a little over a week it was belly up and bloated at the top of the tank unable to right istelf at all
i have fridged him for about five days now
on top of the bloating its cloaca was very red and swollen
then the next day a non typical sort of prolapse happened
not red fleshy tissue, but literally a clear bubble of tissue, just like a balloon
two days after he pooped a little and a small stone was with it, not sure if an impaction would cause all of these symptoms or..
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/iHartKnives076/IMAG0771_zpscea4b7a4.jpg
hopefully this link will work.
anything more i can do? cant afford a $100 vet appointment ATM.....

I'm sorry, but the only option here is veterinary treatment, the poor animal is suffering .

:eek: a vet is the only option here :(
Leaving it to suffer like that is cruel.
If you don't have the money perhaps you can do a payment plan with the vet, it's worth asking. Please don't delay something needs to be done urgently.

<3 >o_o< <3

As horrible as it may seem, if vet treatment isn't an option perhaps euthanasia is the only option unfortunately.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back