Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Greetings from SoCal, New member here

o2Surplus

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm really happy to have found this forum. I'm relatively new to the Caudata keeping scene, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can for the benefit of the critters under my care. The newest member of my extended "family" is a beautiful European Fire Salamander. I'm not sure of which Sub-Species it is but it looks very similar to some of the Spanish variants. here's a photo-
065_zpsc1cd54de.jpg

This is my first Salamander, but I'm also an avid "Planted Tank" keeper and "Russian" Tortoise lover, so I'm not mew to the idea of providing the best care and living conditions for my pets. I've started construction on a new home for the Salamander that should provide plenty of living space and more importantly the proper temperature. The new enclosure will be constructed using plywood, fiberglass,and other materials in order to insulate it from the SoCal heat. The enclosure will also feature computer controlled LED lighting and a Thermoelectric chiller. I plan to document the build and will post a build thread as it progresses.
Thanks for having me.

Jan

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hello o2Surplus and welcome to caudata.org! Beautiful salamander and best of luck with the ambitious build project... will be interested to hear the building account.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!