Methylene blue

Sanshouo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
I have a couple firebelly newts that are battling flesh infections right now and while salt baths, low temperatures and neosporin have helped to slow down their infection, it is still getting worse. I recently purchased a bottle of methylene blue and I am trying to get some help with how much I need to use and for how long and everything. I have read all of the FAQ's. I would just really appreciate some personal help. Thanks in advance!

Please go to this link and scroll down to Health and Illness and read the articles there. Thank you.

I don't know offhand, but you can google it or find it on the package instructions. It would be the same as the concentration used for fish.

Are you sure about just using the package instructions? I thought that salamanders were a lot more sensitive to that kind of thing?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back