Babysitting "Stich" a leucistic adolotl

gmaaxositter

Reaction score
Country
United States
My grand-daughter left her precious male axolotl with me when her family was sent to Italy. They will be gone for four years. She had hoped to take it with her until she saw the full body searches at the airport. At the last min. I was given Stich. My husband and I have fallen in love with him and are planning to get some more soon. I have freshwater fish and love raising triops and keep about six types going all year round. I also raise shrimp and daphnia for my fish. Can't wait to learn all I can from this site. Stich is so darn cute and loves to bob up and down with us and seems to like music. I have ordered him a mate and 3 juveniles. Grandma :happy:

My grand-daughter left her precious male axolotl with me when her family was sent to Italy. They will be gone for four years. She had hoped to take it with her until she saw the full body searches at the airport. At the last min. I was given Stich. My husband and I have fallen in love with him and are planning to get some more soon. I have freshwater fish and love raising triops and keep about six types going all year round. I also raise shrimp and daphnia for my fish. Can't wait to learn all I can from this site. Stich is so darn cute and loves to bob up and down with us and seems to like music. I have ordered him a mate and 3 juveniles. Grandma :happy:

Nawwwww & Welcome :D

Such a cute story & you're more than awesome for taking him on :)

I'd love to see some pics of Stich & of course your new additions :D

I'm also curious about raising triops they fascinate me.

<3 >o_o< <3

I am looking forward to posting lots of pictures. I am currently setting up a really cool, I Hope, tank for Stich. It will be divided so his new mate can get used to him before we let them get together. The juveniles, of course, will be in another, divided tank. I hope to be "sharing" eggs and babies soon! Our new additions are costing about 400 bucks but I trust the source. Jumping in with both feet. We will have four types! Can't wait! Thanks Nikki!

Just started a new batch of Triops this past week. Moved Stich to his new 20 gal tank and he seems very happy. Will be posting some pictures as soon as I figure out this site.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back