Red toes and bone?

Rukia

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,
Ok, so Kiyo my black axie has been in the fridge for nearly two weeks due to fungus and a cut on her tail. The fungus is gone, so I thought I'd put her back in the tank with Ryújin.
But, while I was waiting for her to come back up to room temperature I notice some of her toes looked a bit red and, I guess swollen. Upon looking closer and touching the underneath of one of her feet, it seems that a little bit of bone is poking through :confused:
As said she has been in the fridge and I have been changing the water twice per day and doing weak salt baths to get rid of the fungus. The container I use are small about 1litre, and I am very gentle when moving her.
Any ideas what could have happened and what should I do?
She is back in the fridge at the moment.
I will try to get some photos, but red on black is difficult to see and the bone is on the base of her foot.
Thanks in advance
Rukia

Re: Red toes and bone? Picture added

Hi again
I just changed her water and tried to get a few pictures. This is the best one

27228-three-toes-red-tinge-white-parts-possibly-loose-skin

The white parts are soft, my guess is dead tissue.
She seems fairly active and uses the foot.
But I am really not sure what to do.
Just fresh water changes and keep her in the fridge?
The fungus which was just on the top of her tail has completely gone, but shouldI do sksalt baths or maybe tea?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Rukia

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back