Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Melanoid Leucistc?

frogman

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am not super farmiliar with the color, but my local Petstore had a melanoid leucy male and when he bred it with a golden albino female he got wild type, melanoid, leucistic, golden albino, and plain albino. I think it is super cool but I was just wondering if anyone had this color and could fill me in on them.

Thanks

ZombieAxolotl

Reaction score
I usually put Leucistic Melanoid, since these guys are Leucistic in color but lacking an eye ring like the pic rachel posted in that link.

It's really just an animal that is visually a Leucistic, and also is Homozygous for Melanoid. They are most times just refered to as Leucistic unless you are talking about breeding them.

So the one your friend has is a Leucistic that was also hom. for Melanoid and Het for Gold and Albino as well.
And the Gold he bred him too was hom. for Gold and Het for Melanoid, Albino, Leucistic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!