Cooling T. marmoratus for the summer....

troll85

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi!
I read different " pages" about cooling methods for our animals ( also in Caudata Culture...)....but every summer ( at east here in central Italy, near Rome) there is always the same problem with the cooling....
So I would like your advice...about a "pratical idea".
I'm going to buy a "wine cooler"; its dimensions are 50cm depth X35cm largeX65cm height and the temperature ranges between 10 °Cminum and 18 °C maximum (there is a thermostat inside). Inside there is also a dim light. I have two T.marmoratus in health ( age: one year-old). I would regulate the temperature to 18 °C
Kindly, I have 5 important questions:
- What do you think?
- I will feed them as usual???
- Do you think that my newts can stay inside the wine cooler for 2-3 months without problems?
- The wine cooler has a glass, but I think that inside the light is dim....do you think it's a problem?
- Buy it or not buy it......????:eek:
Thank you for your attention!!!
Thank you!!!

So...no answer!!
What do you think???
I would like know your opinion please....the temperatures inside the wine cooling are between 10°C min-18 °C max....and Iwould use the wine cooling only for 2-e months during the summer for my T.marmoratus....
Thanks

The marmoratus will be fine at lower temperatures, but tend not to feed so often. Are you wishing to use the cooler as a way of avoiding the higher summer temperatures?

Hi..
Yes, only to avoid the high temperatures during the summer....I would take the temperatures between 17-18 °C .
Possibly, can I use also this method for A. opacum, also to avoid the high temperatures during the summer?

Thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back