Newbie: what is up with my creatures?

net

Reaction score
Country
Australia
One axie just mistook another axies gills for food and i saw blood dissipate. i suppose it was more likely from the worm not the gills but she freeeeaaaaaakked out more than i've ever seen and is quite intent on hiding. She also spooked the other axie in her dash for cover.

They now both have stringy bits of sand hanging from the top of their heads as if the sands stuck on cob web. Is there any chance they're shedding or something from being stressed cause it's really odd and i dont understand how so much cob web might have gotten in the tank.

strange creatures....

The blood from biting means you should keep an eye on the gills & watch out for fungus. As long as the tanks temp is cool & the parameters healthy he should recover fine in the tank.

The freaking out is normal axie behaviour - they are prone to over reactions :rolleyes:

I've noticed the cobweb effect & sticky sand a few times & I think it's because they scuff up their slime coat making them extra sticky in spots :) again keep an eye on it but I'm pretty sure it will get back to normal soon :)

Hope the little ones gills are ok.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back