I've got dinosaurs

elfelty

Reaction score
Country
United States
Two electricians came to work on some outlets in our house. Of course they asked to check the one behind the "big fish tank there". I told them there's really no way to move the axolotl tank, they'd have to work around it, sorry. The guy took a closer look, then a step back and the conversation was great. He said "What ARE those?"
I told him axolotls.
"They look like dinosaurs! Hey! Come look, this lady's got dinosaurs in her fish tank!"
They're actually more like salamanders, but they'll always be aquatic.
"See them dinosaurs? Weird!"
Yes, I have dinosaurs.;)

I think my little dinos are adorable
c6b94a85-6da0-4dd7-8c07-4974428f56ec_zps923277d3.jpg

62343e93-c430-4c7d-a5a0-599b96f521f9_zps3bd2ac89.jpg

Thats why my tank has been done up dino theme.. I had taken the kids to a dino display at the museum. One of the exhibits looked just like a lotl! So dino theme it was!

This post made my day! Oh my god. They are great conversation starters! What cute dinosaurs you have! Im so going to start saying i have dinosaurs as pets!

That's great!

I had a guy working on my radiators once, and his jaw just about hit the floor when I let him into the herp room. I had to give him the dime tour.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back