Question: Chinese firebelly eating snails?

Alfredo21

Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe that my newt Alfredo has been eating black mystery snail babies. I havent actually seen him eat them but I have seen him eye them up. They wont cause blockages internally will they? Should I be concerned?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It can happen but very rarely does. I intentionally feed snails to my critters, have done so for many years. I have yet to have one of them have an impaction or choke. As long as it sticks to eating baby snails then it should be fine.

Thank you! You have calmed my worry.:D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back