Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Birthday Cake

UKMarch

Reaction score
It's my YD birthday and she has asked for an axolotl cake, I thought I'd look here for inspiration and then she decided she wanted one like her tank complete with Alan & Steve :confused:. I've given it a go so hopefully she'll be pleased don't know if I'll be eating Alan or Steve though :happy:

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy birthday to your little one!

Quite a few creative members on this site have made axolotl cakes with great success. The cakes all looked delicious!

A friend of one of our members made her an axolotl cake, and was kind enough to blog instructions on how to make it: cloth and fodder: How to make an axolotl cake.

Hope you'll add some photos of your own masterpiece to this thread! ;)

UKMarch

Reaction score
That cake looks great I think she did see that one while looking for axolotl photos online so that's where she got the idea and she liked the sweetie gills! Then she decided she'd like the tank so I have done the cake like the slate bottom with her axies on it, moss balls and a couple of lobs. Tomorrow the family are all coming round and can eat it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,163
D

Deleted member 20061

Wow. That's a pretty amazing cake you've made for young Rosie there! I'd be ecstatic with myself if I made that. Hope she loves it :D

UKMarch

Reaction score
Thanks, she did and she could even tell which was Steve and which was Alan! From above they looked a similar size too which was more by luck than judgment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,365

Rissa1980

Reaction score
Thanks, she did and she could even tell which was Steve and which was Alan! From above they looked a similar size too which was more by luck than judgment

hope you dont mind but im uploading a picture of the cake my sister made me for my birthday

Attachments

• 540903_3203579140444_771742935_n.jpg
    540903_3203579140444_771742935_n.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,776
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!