Black worms

I feed mine mainly live blackworms and daphnia as babies

live blackworms, f/t bloodworms, earth worms, guppies, hikari sinking carnivore pellets as juvies

live blackworms, f/t bloodworms, night crawlers, guppies, goldfish, bladder snails, hikari masivore pellets as adults.

Does anyone know where to get frozen blackworms?

I feed mine mainly live blackworms and daphnia as babies

live blackworms, f/t bloodworms, earth worms, guppies, hikari sinking carnivore pellets as juvies

live blackworms, f/t bloodworms, night crawlers, guppies, goldfish, bladder snails, hikari masivore pellets as adults.

How big do the axies need to be before they could eat a small guppy you think? I have guppies cycling my tank for me hehe(figured if ammonia spiked to much and kills them ill be less sad then my axies getting sick plus they are going to be food one day )
I wish i could find more the. Earthworms and frozen bloodworms! Id feed them more of a variety if i could find more of one? I didnt think everything would be so difficult to obtain

Blackworms are almost always live. I've never seen frozen blackworms.

Blackworms are either sold live or freeze dried as they cannot handle being frozen - they just turn to slime..

Freeze dried food is very low in protein & nutrients - best avoided for axolotls :)

<3 >o_o< <3

How big do the axies need to be before they could eat a small guppy you think? I have guppies cycling my tank for me hehe(figured if ammonia spiked to much and kills them ill be less sad then my axies getting sick plus they are going to be food one day )
I wish i could find more the. Earthworms and frozen bloodworms! Id feed them more of a variety if i could find more of one? I didnt think everything would be so difficult to obtain

Pretty much if it can fit in their mouth lol

You can order back worms, not sure about shipping. But there is a big company in CA I believe who supplies a lot.

I get most of my cultures of daphnia and white or grind al worms from eBay of all places. They have good night crawler prices too sometimes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back