Native plants?

erasmosis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Erasmosis
Maybe this is in the wrong place, but I'm curious about using aquatic plants from my area. (I live in WA). I was just dreaming about scooba diving in a lake nearby to find some awesome low light plants. Then i was thinking about potential parasites.

Is there anyway to prepare them? I don't even know how to formulate a google search on this.

Thanks!

A one minute dunk in a 5% bleach solution will kill a lot of things.
I'd then rinse the plants thouroughly and the quarantine them for a while.

I live in WA as well... keep in mind we have some strict laws about the removal of native plants and animals.

If you can get your hands on it, potassium permanganate is used to kill all sorts of things too. As a bonus, it's an awesome purple color!

And if you mix it with peroxide you get pure oxygen!! Which makes for fun fire experiment!!!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Most native plants require high light . So many low light ones are already in the trade . IS it worth the effort ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back