Photo: Do these gills look ok?

frogman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Evan
Hey I have had boo for a week or so now and I noticed that his gill filiments are turning whiteish.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363488499.514441.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363488585.722559.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363488610.697846.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363488640.428497.jpg
The tank is just tap water with pool filter sand and some plastic plants and a hide. As soon as my big tank is cycled I will be making the 10g half of the cycled water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you say tap water do you use dechlorinator with it? If so what brand.

There's a lot of bubbles in the picture - is your filter flow strong?

<3 >o_o< <3

No filter in the tank. I did use declorinator. I will be adding lots of live plants as soon as i get them on Monday or Tuesday

Although it was fresh tap water. I found high levels of nitrite in the aquarium. I am draining it and filling it back up so this should solve the problem. All other parameters were fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back