When can i feed the babies bloodworms?

Alkylhalide

Reaction score
Country
Canada
How long does it take before i could feed my babies bloodworms? Roughly how big/how long?

I know they will eat the bloodworms from the bbs incident i shaved bloodworms and they ate them, but how big do they need to be to be able to swallow chopped bloodworms?

I have somebody very excited to have a baby but i dont want to give them away until they will eat bloodworms. Its really not worth the hassle/money to hatch bbs for one axie

Some of mine are 2cm now but all are 1.5cm+

Really whenever they take them readily.
Usually its just as the rear legs are coming out or a little after.

Mine just got their front legs, and I recently been feeding them frozen blood worms. Seems to me they doing well with them.

my babies are about 2 weeks + old and some are taking black worms of their own accord. I am still hatching brine shrimp and feeding them these guys as well.....my guys seem happy and full

My babies just have there from legs when i offer them chopped blood worms they don't all accept it, but like TravRad said usually they start to take in the blood worms when their back legs come in

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back