Will my baby make it? Help please?

Alkylhalide

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I really dont think it will but i thought id ask to make sure there isnt anythin i can do

Yesterday we noticed the babies belly was full of air/water. He isnt floating, just tipped to the side most of the time. I dont think he is eating and if he is its not much
I have a picture of him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 493
Make sure there is plenty of food, keep it in clean water and cross your fingers. Not much else you can do I'm afraid but good luck.

Regards Neil

Make sure there is plenty of food, keep it in clean water and cross your fingers. Not much else you can do I'm afraid but good luck.

Regards Neil

I put him in a seperate tub so i could keep a better eye on him and ive been feeding him tons! Hoping hed eat. Day 3 and he is still pretty acting for the size he is. I just am trying to get him to eat i guessnis my first
Concern

When I came back from Japan, I had one who had bubbles in his belly (Mr Bubbles). I shifted him into a smaller container, filled with approx twice his height in water taken from my adult tank (Which I know is stable/cycled). I then got a whole heap of bbs, washed them really well, and then plonked them in with him. Over two hours, he was able to burp out the bubbles as the shrimp forced them out. Then I did a water change, chased him around the tiny container with a whole heap of blackworms, and kept offering until he'd eaten enough to get rid of all the bubbles. He's now doing really well, 4 cms, all limbs and a real attitude :)

The other case which was on here recently was not as good an outcome- in the case of Crowbar, he had a fluid buildup in his chest cavity, and despite the fluid sac being popped, he still passed away. I sincerely hope he'll pull through...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back