pascale

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Pascale_the_goldfish
Hi all,
Long time lurker, first time poster here.:eek:

I have had axolotls in the past, one who lived for 5 years who was such a hardy little chap now I think of it, since i knew nothing of tank requirements, cycling, pH etc.
He was such a character I was in love the day we met and devastated when he passed.
Its been a few years now and I am looking to adopt another 1 or 2 new axolotl mates for my new tank.

I have a new 70L cycled tank with internal filter, 'lotl safe hiding logs and 'caves' and am using big rocks (5cm+) with pretty much a bare bottom.
Being in SE Qld the tank is in my airconditioned room and im looking forward to adopting some new chaps shortly!
Unfortunately i havent had much luck with my search for healthy looking ones at local Brissie pet/fish stores but I will keep up the search.

Nice to join the family and hope to chat further.
Cheers, pascale'

Thank you so much for the welcome :D
I managed to find a local supplier and have adopted two adorable adult axies.
One is white and the other is black, names to be decided after seeing how their little personalities evolve.
:happy::happy::happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back