Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Need help identifying gender of Fire belly newt!! pls help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FX1C

Reaction score
everything male?, they are three newts all in all and i think i could see 2 female and a male? please recheck to be sure

What??? You got 3 newts?? :(

Your post said you got 2 from the shop!

<3 >o_o< <3

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score
What??? You got 3 newts?? :(

Your post said you got 2 from the shop!

<3 >o_o< <3

Lol i said that i have one a year now and a shop gave me two so i have 3 , Anyway can help me identify gender pls T_T

FX1C

Reaction score
Did you quarantine the 2 new ones before adding them to your tank?

How long did you quarantine them for?

I think working out the genders of these is the least of your priorities - especially if you're experiencing health problems with one of the new ones :(

<3 >o_o< <3

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score

I think working out the genders of these is the least of your priorities - especially if you're experiencing health problems with one of the new ones :(

<3 >o_o< <3
a week

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score

<3 >o_o< <3

im not priotririzing the gender, im just curious! And also i am more concerened of their floatings!!! Im trying the best to cure it back!

FX1C

Reaction score

Really? A week?

You posted on the 31st (less than 3 days) that you "got them today" yet they're already in your tank with your existing newt even though they exhibited signs of being unwell then & continue to do so.

Did I get that right?

I too am concerned about their floating & I think it's serious that you've put them all in one tank while you try & work out what's wrong :(

You still haven't answered the question about where the water came from that you tested so high for ammonia - what were the other parameters like, nitrate etc? Please answer this basic question Jerome.

<3 >o_o< <3

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score
Really? A week?

You posted on the 31st (less than 3 days) that you "got them today" yet they're already in your tank with your existing newt even though they exhibited signs of being unwell then & continue to do so.

Did I get that right?

I too am concerned about their floating & I think it's serious that you've put them all in one tank while you try & work out what's wrong :(

You still haven't answered the question about where the water came from that you tested so high for ammonia - what were the other parameters like, nitrate etc? Please answer this basic question Jerome.

<3 >o_o< <3
It's the shop's water! oh oops sorry i mean 2 days, ok heres what happened!! ill tell you everything.... In the shop when he gave to me , i took it home and when i came home they suddenly wont get in to water, the water is clean and newly cycled , and also it was a little bit skinny when it was in the shop , which he gave me a skinny one and a meaty one, ok there i told you the story please forgive me!!!

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
It´s not a matter of forgiveness (not that it would be Nikki´s or anybody´s place anyway), it´s a matter of you asking for help but not even being honest when information is requested from you, and also, you giving no indication that you are actually applying the advice given to you.
We´d like to help, but it´s difficult to do so when we get the very real impression that it is a complete waste of time and we can´t even trust a word you say.
I realize you just want the information and do not care about or want our criticisms, but nobody gets paid here, and you offer us no incentive to spend time on you (and i do see the absurdity of saying that and taking the time to write this post).
It also doesn´t help one bit that the information and help you seek is already throughout the forums a thousand times over. All of your questions are extremely basic stuff that has been addressed ad nauseum. You´ve been around for a while, too, and all that information has been entirely available to you, yet you haven´t done your homework and instead make these threads crying out for people´s help, and when people take time from their lives to do your homework for you, you repay them with lies and frustration. I hope you can understand why patience is running low...

PS: I want to make it clear that all i´ve said is not exclusively addressed to you (i don´t mean to bash you specifically), but also intended for others that may read the thread. We want to help, that´s why we are here, but when somebody comes asking for advice, the decent thing to do is at least put that advice into practice. There´s nothing more exasperating than people who ignore advice they´ve asked for.

FX1C

Reaction score
It´s not a matter of forgiveness (not that it would be Nikki´s or anybody´s place anyway), it´s a matter of you asking for help but not even being honest when information is requested from you, and also, you giving no indication that you are actually applying the advice given to you.
We´d like to help, but it´s difficult to do so when we get the very real impression that it is a complete waste of time and we can´t even trust a word you say.
I realize you just want the information and do not care about or want our criticisms, but nobody gets paid here, and you offer us no incentive to spend time on you (and i do see the absurdity of saying that and taking the time to write this post).
It also doesn´t help one bit that the information and help you seek is already throughout the forums a thousand times over. All of your questions are extremely basic stuff that has been addressed ad nauseum. You´ve been around for a while, too, and all that information has been entirely available to you, yet you haven´t done your homework and instead make these threads crying out for people´s help, and when people take time from their lives to do your homework for you, you repay them with lies and frustration. I hope you can understand why patience is running low...

PS: I want to make it clear that all i´ve said is not exclusively addressed to you (i don´t mean to bash you specifically), but also intended for others that may read the thread. We want to help, that´s why we are here, but when somebody comes asking for advice, the decent thing to do is at least put that advice into practice. There´s nothing more exasperating than people who ignore advice they´ve asked for.

Not sure if you're are aware but due to the frustrations of Jerome not being able to test his water - he was sent a full freshwater master test kit by Kerry a member on here for FREE!!! Plus some water dechlorinator also for free!

So not only do we not get paid here we have helped Jerome above & beyond the normal forum parameters.

I appreciate your post & I sense the same frustration that has had me tearing my hair out every time I read a new thread from Jerome.

I just wish Jerome would take some time to get the animals in his care up to optimum health & not add yet more animals to the equation.

Oh & I don't believe for a second that these new newts for given free to him by a shop!! I'm just tired of taking the time to reply when in return I just see lies.

I'm beyond disappointed in Jerome.
It's nothing to do with age either - plenty of young teenagers out there do absolutely everything they can to earn the right to have a pet & when lucky enough to have one they make sure they look after it properly. I don't get that impression from Jerome :(

<3 >o_o< <3

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score
Not sure if you're are aware but due to the frustrations of Jerome not being able to test his water - he was sent a full freshwater master test kit by Kerry a member on here for FREE!!! Plus some water dechlorinator also for free!

So not only do we not get paid here we have helped Jerome above & beyond the normal forum parameters.

I appreciate your post & I sense the same frustration that has had me tearing my hair out every time I read a new thread from Jerome.

I just wish Jerome would take some time to get the animals in his care up to optimum health & not add yet more animals to the equation.

Oh & I don't believe for a second that these new newts for given free to him by a shop!! I'm just tired of taking the time to reply when in return I just see lies.

I'm beyond disappointed in Jerome.
It's nothing to do with age either - plenty of young teenagers out there do absolutely everything they can to earn the right to have a pet & when lucky enough to have one they make sure they look after it properly. I don't get that impression from Jerome :(

<3 >o_o< <3
You dont understand!! My parents dont want to buy my pet's needs they dont CARE!!! they thought its easy as a fish ! they dont understand me! And you dont understand me instead you make me more hurt in my heart!!! Its because you guys dont understand!!!!!!!!!!!
You made me CRY!! T_T if i force them to buy my pets needs they get mad at me D:

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score

Oh, wow...I have no words...
The frustration and even outrage are entirely justified, but for the sake of the forums, let´s leave it at that.
Jerome: You have a moral OBLIGATION to care for your animals to the best of your hability. They are living creatures, they can feel pain, they can suffer and their well-being is entirely on your hands now. The information is all over the place, there´s quite literally hundreds and hundreds of threads that contain all the information you require and a lot more. It´s your responsability to read and learn and do your best. Don´t expect others to continue to do your homework for you. Step up!

And if i were you i would apologize to Kerry and make sure your actions in the future show that you´re taking your responsibilities seriously.

Edit: I´m afraid it´s you who doesn´t understand, Jerome. If you can´t offer adequate care and conditions to your animals, DON´T acquire them. We understand what it´s like to really want a particular animal, but obtaining that animal when you cannot care for them responsibly is simply inmoral. Period. It´s a lesson many of us didn´t learn until after many animals had suffered, but you have no excuse, you are being told, it´s been explained and brought up to your attention. Deflecting your responsabilities onto your parents doesn´t change anything.

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score
Oh, wow...I have no words...
The frustration and even outrage are entirely justified, but for the sake of the forums, let´s leave it at that.
Jerome: You have a moral OBLIGATION to care for your animals to the best of your hability. They are living creatures, they can feel pain, they can suffer and their well-being is entirely on your hands now. The information is all over the place, there´s quite literally hundreds and hundreds of threads that contain all the information you require and a lot more. It´s your responsability to read and learn and do your best. Don´t expect others to continue to do your homework for you. Step up!

And if i were you i would apologize to Kerry and make sure your actions in the future show that you´re taking your responsibilities seriously.

Im using Kerry's test kit and conditioner! And im doing the BEST just to make em survive!!! im also reading threads you know i have been sitting here the whole day researching and im even getting info from my friend! And im asking for gender not PROBLEMS!

Last edited:

FX1C

Reaction score
You dont understand!! My parents dont want to buy my pet's needs they dont CARE!!! they thought its easy as a fish ! they dont understand me! And you dont understand me instead you make me more hurt in my heart!!! Its because you guys dont understand!!!!!!!!!!!
You made me CRY!! T_T if i force them to buy my pets needs they get mad at me D:

I think your parents should wake up!
To allow a pet into the home & then not expect to pay for items to look after them when you are a minor & they are your legal guardians - they are morally obligated to provide for all pets!! Even fish require constant maintenance & future purchases! To not pay for the things you need makes your parents negligent & that is very sad as it is the animals who ultimately suffer!
(Please show your parents this - so maybe they learn to understand what their obligations should be!)

If you know that your patents don't help you with buying things you need to properly care for your animals - then stop bringing more animals home - wait until you have your own money before buying more animals which you are not able to care for properly.

Pets needs are more important than people's (they cannot feed themselves / change their own water!) & unless you can give them 100% I do not think you should have them.

Sorry I made you cry but you need to grow up! It might be that everyone around you sugar coats things so you aren't offended. I believe in straight talking, tough love & I've let you know on many occasions that you act like a silly boy when you could behave like a young man - big difference & totally your choice Jerome!

<3 >o_o< <3

FX1C

Reaction score
Im using Sherry's test kit and conditioner! And im doing the BEST just to make em survive!!! im also reading threads you know i have been sitting here the whole day researching and im even getting info from my friend! And im asking for gender not PROBLEMS!

It is KERRY who sent you the kits! Please at least get her name right!!!

And no I don't get the impression that you read the posts all day Jerome - you ask silly questions & always impatient for answers!! But you only take the answers you want to hear!!

Here is an answer to your gender question....

It will not matter what gender they are when they are DEAD because of the very poor conditions you provide!

Simple!!

Step up & start listening to ALL the advice from the people who are reputable & knowledgable on here.
(I do not include myself in the above category - but plenty here care & offer you good advice - which you mostly ignore!)

<3 >o_o< <3

jeromeetabuzo

Reaction score
It is KERRY who sent you the kits! Please at least get her name right!!!

And no I don't get the impression that you read the posts all day Jerome - you ask silly questions & always impatient for answers!! But you only take the answers you want to hear!!

Here is an answer to your gender question....

It will not matter what gender they are when they are DEAD because of the very poor conditions you provide!

Simple!!

Step up & start listening to ALL the advice from the people who are reputable & knowledgable on here.
(I do not include myself in the above category - but plenty here care & offer you good advice - which you mostly ignore!)

<3 >o_o< <3
Double Check the name....

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, this will be my last commentary on the subject.
I´m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and accept that despite appearances you are really trying. Even accounting for the difficulties that you may be experiencing in trying to provide adequate care, the bottom line is really very simple. If you can´t offer adequate care (and considering the origin of the animals, conditions should be optimal not just adequate), regardless of why that´s the case, it doesn´t matter how much you like the animals and how much you want to keep them, Jerome, it´s just wrong to keep them. I hope you can understand that and be mature and responsible enough to do what´s right rather than follow your whims and desires.

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I am locking this post as I feel nothing else will be achieved. If anyone can identify the sexes of Jeromes Firebelly newts, please pm him.

Jeromes first language is Filipino, please do take this into consideration while explaining things to him in future posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1