Moving home

Richzl

Reaction score
Country
England
Looking for some advice. Moving house in a few week and need to take my axies with me. Have a four foot tank at threes axies. What's the best way to transport them. Should I try and keep some of the water from the tank and take it with me or start again when I get there. Cheer

Hi,

It's probably best to put the axies in a small container, preferably a round container so there's no edges they can get knocked into. Another way can be putting them in a plastic transport bag like pet shops do. You need to make sure there's air in the container so they can go up for breaths of air.
I'd separate them all for the journey so they don't get squashed and knocked into each other. And obviously make sure they don't get too hot and keep them in the dark.
You would have to empty most of the water in the tank I'm guessing otherwise it's going to be very heavy. It's important to keep the filter in dirty tank water so you don't destroy your cycle.

It's probably a good idea not to feed them a day or two before the move. And give them time to settle back in once you've arrived before you feed them.

Could you take their tank across in advance and set it up allowing a day or so for it to settle and then take the axies? They could be stored temporarily in large plastic tubs. Good luck :happy:

Thanks for the advice. Very much appritiated

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back