Filter Question and Ammonia it Tap

Devynb1091

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys! I need some filter help. The bottom line is that my Aqueon Quiet flow 20 is not keeping my water clear. Just an F.Y.I., I also have a small sponge filter. I want to buy a new filter and I'm not sure what to get. I was looking at the Fluval C3 and the Aqua Clear 30. Anyone have any insight on these two? Will it be too much filter?

Also, I recently found out my tap water, when treated with API tap water treatment shows 1ppm ammonia... Any suggestions on that?

How long are you letting the treated water sit before testing it? It needs to sit 24-48 hours from my understanding.

As far as filters go, I have an Eheim canister filter which works really well. I just turn the spray bar towards the aquarium wall and keep the setting at about halfway.

I usually let it sit for about 30 minutes. From what I've read, the only reason people let it sit for so long was to get rid of the chlorine, but chloramines, which are present in my water do not dissipate naturally. The bottle says it dissipates chlorine and chloramines immediately though...

Also, I can't afford a canister filter which is why I was looking into the C3 and Aqua Clear 30

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back