Snake tried to eat my Axie :(

shazza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Sharon
So i came home to a bizare sight today.. We have been having quite a bit of rain.. Major event for this part of aus. As i got the kids n shopping in to the kitchen, i looked at Pablo as i always do, and there was a tree snake on the tank looking into the water. And poor pablo on full intruder alert. swimming round like crazy..

Then my 18yr old cat sitting on the chair beside the tank trying to work out what to do! By then the kids realised what was happening standing there screaming snake. I grabbed it. Not easy as it had wrapped its tail round the filter cord. And threw it out the front door.

Totally forgetting that the dogs were on the front porch due to all the rain..

Tally came to 2 traumatised kids, 1 confused senile cat, 1 dead snake n 2 smug dogs thinking they are top s#it! Poor bugger only trying to get out of the rain..

Pablo has nicks n chunks out of him, prob due to him cutting sick round the tank he had knocked ornaments over.. Will keep n eye on the poor bugger..:eek:

Wow....this made me laugh, but I'm sure it wasn't funny!! I can just picture it. Glad everyone is okay. :)

Well...I guess I read it too quickly! Your axolotl seemed to have had some injuries. Hope he's better soon.

Ouch, maybe a dark lid so he can't see the hungry snake next time

Oh poor little guy, hope he's chilling out now and recovering.

Geez never a dull moment in the north!
:eek:

Glad to hear Pablo didn't become dinner & I'm sure he'll make a fast recovery in his chilled tank! Poor little thing would've been terrified 0.0

So now you can add snake wrestler / wrangler to your resume :)
They breed em tough up there!

<3 >o_o< <3

I have pulled the tank down to 19 deg for a bit, the injuries aernt as bad as first thought. Thankfully. We get a lot of snakes just part of livin out here. Unless it has fangs just move them up the back. He only has a piece of glasscover one side that had the airstone pump on it but had only just taken it off. Walked in n seen the black lead didnt think anything of it. second look i realised it was the snake. Lol...

i have a sheet over the tank, he was looking for food b4 i left for work. So he cant be too stressed. The tree snake has a very small head i doubt he could have eaten him. But thankful all is ok.

Poor little lotl! Glad he didn't end up as dinner.

Sorry to say the story did make me giggle a little, it's like something out of a movie. Cold rainy England seems quite good after reading that lol!

Poor little lotl! Glad he didn't end up as dinner.

Sorry to say the story did make me giggle a little, it's like something out of a movie. Cold rainy England seems quite good after reading that lol!

I felt bad for the poor snake, the tank is near a window it was probably trying to get out. And thought this looks like a feed. I picked it up n threw it out the door not thinking bout my dogs. I was wondering if Pablo originally thought well hello giant earthworm!

Poor buggers prob going to have nightmares for days.. I will get home from work in the morning and he's in the corner with all the ornaments stacked around him for safety..

Awww, Yeah maybe he just went crazy over the massive feast in front of him. You're brave for picking up that snake! :D

We get around 4 to 5 snakes thru (the ones that we see anyway) per week. During heavy rain they look for higher ground so see more. There is most likely a hole in the screen somewhere. Will go searching tmrw. We only have a handful of venomous snakes, the ones we do have pack a punch. Most are harmless. So we relocate instead of kill. Dogs have different ideas on that though.

And poor pablo has discovered not all "worms" can be eaten.. lol

Awww poor Pablo!! Hope he gets back to his normal self soon.
You're very brave for picking up a snake.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back