Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: The Different moods of Toothless (I hope I uploaded the pictures ok xxx

Tigermoth

Reaction score
In den.jpg Hi Five.jpg Toothless sulking.jpg

You can see he's changed from River stones to sand as sand is a lot easier to clean, doesn't clink in the dead of night and he seems to like it more and easier for him to pull his plants out and shove them in his den in some sort of Rasta Newt protest. Toothless is such a sweet Wreck it Tadpole'.

(the picture in the middle is the newest one) xxx

I'm still getting to know this site but I'm really loving the posts

Petersgirl

Reaction score
Re: The Diffrent moods of Toothless (I hope I uploaded the pictures ok xxx

The Gills! They are so fluffeh I'm gonna die! :)

Petersgirl

Reaction score

Healthy lotl gills always remind me of those French Fries crisps..not really sure why. Totally know what you mean about the moods!
Mine has them too!

1) The 'I'm Starving, Look into my Cute Eyes' Mood - Usually happens about 10 minutes after she's just been fed 3 fat worms and wants more. At this point her tummy is distended and she can barely move.
2) The 'Hmmph!' Mood - Usually happens after the 'I'm Starving' mood, when she doesn't get anything. She usually turns her back on me or goes into her hide. Also when she can't be bothered to go into her feeding jar for bloodworm.
3) The 'I see Nirvana' mood - She just sits there, making me think she is dead, until her gills flutter 50 seconds later. She stares blankly ahead as if staring into the depths of the very Universe - after which she usually yawns in a very casual fashion or looks at me like, 'what?'
4) The 'I Have Wind up my Bottom' Mood - She races around the tank. Usually happens when she's just gone to the toilet and I haven't spotted it yet.
5) The 'Nom' Mood - When she's fed. Sheer jubilation induced by slurping up worms like spaghetti.

That's pretty much all of them so far :)

Tigermoth

Reaction score

I love his fluffy gills like having a feather boa, "do I look glam dahhling, Yes do".:cool: He's been spoilt today with some new plants and a moss ball I suspect he will punt around his tank like a football. He has already pulled out two new cuttings so living up to his nickname already...:rolleyes:

laura103

Reaction score

Aww. What lovely pictures, and such nice gills!!! I love axolotls for alot of reason but my favourite one is when they are happy their mouths actually look like their smile and yours looks like he has slept with a coat hanger in his mouth! That is one happy axolotl!:D

Tigermoth

Reaction score
Aww thanks guys, Just as an update his moss ball ended up from the front of the tank to the back and his new cuttings were floating like pond weed this morning and what was Toothless upto? grinning from on top of his den. :D

At the moment he is in his den with his bum and magnificent tail draped out the back and from a side entrance peeping out anticipating dinner he can still squeeze through (it's a half log thing so no fear of getting trapped in case anyone is worried).

I suspect he will be swimming like a crocodile later surveying his domain and no doubt his pet human's activites xxx :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1