New here, Zybeon too

vincy

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Hi, i'm new to this community, english is not my first lenguage so please, be patients with me...
So, i have been browsing in this community a very long time, since i found my little girl, Zybeon with fungus.
I have two axolotls, Zybeon (wild type, she haves four years) and Jack Looper (a golden alvino, he came here in he end of september) also i have a female spanish ribbed newt, Cymoril... She is the reason why i registered here, im new with newts and i want my new baby to be as confortable as she can be! Also, i have some doubts about the quality of life of my axolotls...

So, hi to everyone!

Attachments

• DSC02488.jpg
    DSC02488.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC02466.jpg
    DSC02466.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 92
Hi there, I only joined yesterday, With my Axolotl Toothless, Everyone has been really friendly and I know there will be loads of help on offer. What are your concerns with your Axolotls?:happy:

Hi there, I only joined yesterday, With my Axolotl Toothless, Everyone has been really friendly and I know there will be loads of help on offer. What are your concerns with your Axolotls?:happy:

It's about the tank and the gills of Zybeon, they have been short for a really long time and i don't know if that is normal or not...
Toothless! such a cute name for an axolotl x3

Hi Vincey, If your other axxie has good gill size it maybe that sometimes they can vary almost like a fingerprint, you're axxies are lovely. if you have good water flow but not too strong this can also can affect gill size.

If they have a good basic setup and have good appetites and behaviour you can't go too far wrong with them. xxx :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back