Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Bris Vegas!

ciele02

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, my name is Ciele (pronounced Kylie) and I'm 35 yrs from Brisbane Australia. I currently have 3 Axie's. An Albino called Milk, A gold called Fromage and a Wild type unnamed at the moment because I haven't found a black dairy product as yet to name him after! I have previously kept Red Cap Orandas, but Axie"s are my real love cos they are so cute. A big thanks to the people on this site whose vast knowledge and happiness to share has given me the confidence to welcome Axolotl's into my home. Cheers Ciele:smile:

pascale

Reaction score
hello hello and welcome!
what cute names, would love to see some pictures of your xlotls.
well that is a tough one.. I can only think of ash covered goats cheese or yogo! (ok more brown than black) ;)

Tigermoth

Reaction score
Hi there, as a name suggestion that is dairy realated how about Yaarg it's a type of cornish cheese that has a greyish peel but is creamy white inside xxx:wacko:

ciele02

Reaction score
Lol...I never even thought of Yogo!..But I like Tigermoth's Yaarg also....So I think I'll go with YoGo Yaarg!...It sounds good and look's good...however I don't think it would be a good flavor combination!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1