Question: Is this tank ok?

vincy

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
So, i have my two axolotls here...
The size is 50cm x 60cm x 30 cm
what do you think?...
In my oppinion, i don't know if the filtrer is the correct one...
It there something i can do to improve their quality of life?
(sorry for bad english...)

Attachments

• DSC02575.jpg
    DSC02575.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 156
Your English is fine!

Your tank is a little small. Do you have the means to get a bigger (longer) tank? Since axolotls spend most of their time on the bottom of the tank, you should maximize floor-space, rather than depth.

How much water movement does your filter make? Axolotls don't like current, and can be stressed by a filter that moves the water too much.

Also, you should add some hiding spots for your axolotls, one or two for each axolotl. This is important, especially since your golden is quite a bit smaller than your dark axolotl.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back