Frequently asked questions that you see?

Alkylhalide

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So in 3days most of my babies will be going to homes. For every inquiry i got i had sent them a axolotl care guide that i had written up just explaining everything you need to know to take care of an axolotl. I think it scared a lot of people away. The people i was sure wanted one just stoped emailing me. But i dont care because it is what it is and i want them to go to good homes.

Anyways so since they are going to be picked up this weekend i was thinking of compiling a Q&A sheet on the most frequently asked questions/most common problems and solutions and giving one to each person who picks them up. Just so they know what to expect as normal and what signs they should look for that something is up and how to go abouts fixing it.
I know for sure the question i see the most is "my axolotl back end isfloating what do i do?" Hehe
And i am noticing no matter what i do at least one of my babies everyday has an air bubble in their stomach so ill probably write a little thing on the differences between back end floating, floating on their side with an air bubble, bloating and abdominal swelling. And what to do in each situation

Does anybody else have any ideas on possible things they should know before they happen and they freak out? I find a lot of the time(even i do this) you see something infamiliar happen and you freak out to find out it was nothing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back