Should I be worried about not having a top on my tank?

Miracre

Reaction score
Country
Italy
As the title says should I be worried about it? My tank isn't really tall. It's a 15g tank. I'm scared that the axi might jump out once I get it. If it will be an issue does anyone know any simple/cheapish ways to make a top? :)

Yeah you defo need a lid! they can jump out of the water and people have had their axies die becuase they jumped out :(
I went to B&Q (Home depo?) and bought a sort of corrugated plastic sheet. it was £10 and i had enough to make three lids :D

I've been wondering this too. My axie doesn't have a lid on his tank. I did buy some mesh fabric, like tutu fabric lol. I was going to plan on somehow making that as a "lid" so he can't jump out and there's always a good air flow above the tank.

Yeah I just used a pair of scissors and cut it to size, my new tank doesn't have a lip on the inside so I'm going to put wooden blocks on the top either side as handles to lift it off and weigh it down :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back