Yellow greenish stuff on axolotls gills help!!

There are more people here better quilified to answer..

But to me that poor little bugger looks like it has burns.

What are ur water parameters? Temp? Who often are u performing tank maintenace?

Are u measuring ur dechlorinator exactly?

There are more people here better quilified to answer..

But to me that poor little bugger looks like it has burns.

What are ur water parameters? Temp? Who often are u performing tank maintenace?

Are u measuring ur dechlorinator exactly?
ph - 7.8
ammonia-0
nitrate - 0
nitrite - 180
i am cleaning every week, oh cheezenuts!!! i think someone placed more drops into my tank , someone also helps me thought while im not around he cleans , so i think it wasnt measured.... what can i do to cure her gills?

ph - 7.8
ammonia-0
nitrate - 0
nitrite - 180
i am cleaning every week, oh cheezenuts!!! i think someone placed more drops into my tank , someone also helps me thought while im not around he cleans , so i think it wasnt measured.... what can i do to cure her gills?

If the nitrite was that high, the axolotl would be dead. Are you sure you haven't mixed up the nitrite with the nitrate reading? If it is for nitrate, it's still far too high. Please recheck, and post the correct readings.

Are you doing daily partial water changes as you've been advised to do on numerous occasions?

What is the tank temperature?

You need to be spot cleaning the tank and conducting partial water changes EVERY DAY while the tank is still being cycled, once a week is NOT SUFFICIENT.

The only way that that axolotl is going to heal is if he or she is kept in OPTIMAL conditions: COLD and CLEAN water, a NUTRITIOUS diet, NO toxins, and NO stressful conditions.

If the nitrite was that high, the axolotl would be dead. Are you sure you haven't mixed up the nitrite with the nitrate reading? If it is for nitrate, it's still far too high. Please recheck, and post the correct readings.

Are you doing daily partial water changes as you've been advised to do on numerous occasions?

What is the tank temperature?

You need to be spot cleaning the tank and conducting partial water changes EVERY DAY while the tank is still being cycled, once a week is NOT SUFFICIENT.

The only way that that axolotl is going to heal is if he or she is kept in OPTIMAL conditions: COLD and CLEAN water, a NUTRITIOUS diet, NO toxins, and NO stressful conditions.
, nitrate was 50 and nitrite was also 0 , temp is 20degrees.... btw she she suffered ammonia burned last time , and yea it was regrowing back and then and she has those green stuff , while the other one dont.... And btw i will start doing everyday water changes... hope she gets better soon and btw umm are live tubifex worms good food as staple?

, nitrate was 50 and nitrite was also 0 , temp is 20degrees.... btw she she suffered ammonia burned last time , and yea it was regrowing back and then and she has those green stuff , while the other one dont.... And btw i will start doing everyday water changes... hope she gets better soon and btw umm are live tubifex worms good food as staple?

No, they're not. Earthworms are the best staple. If unable to get hold of earthworms, axolotl pellets (or, salmon or trout pellets - carnivorous fish pellets) are suitable as an alternative.

No, they're not. Earthworms are the best staple. If unable to get hold of earthworms, axolotl pellets (or, salmon or trout pellets - carnivorous fish pellets) are suitable as an alternative.

thank you very much , urmm just wondering is koi pellets good also?

Mate us Aussies are not well known for beating round the bush.

But a bit of common sense, responsibility. And very basic animal husbandry. And ur poor little lotl will be ok.

U. Need to step up ur game.. Please for that poor creatures sake.

Jerome, you've been a member here for 6 months. I find it hard to believe that you can't get the basics down yet. I agree with Sharon, you need to get it together.

You've come up with every excuse in the book, but what's the real reason you just can't keep your tank healthy?

I can't even tell you how many times people have told you what food to feed it (I have told you myself on at least half a dozen occasions), and how often to clean your tank (it must say on the forum about 10,000 times).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back