Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Weird slugs?

miguelmannao29

Reaction score
What Are these??? its pretty blurred in the pic but its they're basically microscopic clear slugs that inhabited my entire tank.... i've had several microscopic ramshorn snails that suddenly appeared in my tank also but since last month ive not seen them.... then just a week ago i noticed these tiny slugs crawling in my glass wall. they're literally everywhere. can someone tell me what these are and what threats do they bring?? :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    317.4 KB · Views: 426

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Planaria, or flatworms, just kind of show up out of the blue. They're usually caused by overfeeding. You probably have something dead and rotting hiding in the tank somewhere that they're feeding on, like a little piece of worm that got thrown up behind a plant.

Clean them off with a turkey baster, and be a little more diligent with tank cleaning and water changes, and their population should go back down. They're harmless, but unsightly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!