Hello from Down Under

Rho

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Rach
Hello everyone!

I'm a university student doing a "Bachelor of Science in Agriculture" (alas the course I wanted to get into was too stressful; my ability to cope with exam stress is virtually nil :sick:) who is interested in: animals, nutrition/dietetics, writing and drawing; oh and owning an axolotl!

When I started an internet research expedition I came across this website and was captivated by all the passionate people on the forums.

Since I was really little I always loved animals and talking about them A LOT, so I can't wait to be able to converse with you.:happy:

I can't wait until I have the tank all ready for my new axolotl.:D It isn't a big tank (don't worry I made sure it was big enough, it just isn't ideal in my opinion) but eventually when I can afford (space/money) I'll hopefully get around to upgrading it.
They seem like such a gorgeous creature (as is any other animal in my eyes :p).

I'm an open person who loves a good discussion and listening to people passionate about a topic talk about it.

Animals I own (but don't get to see all the time because I live on campus): 2 cockatiels, a family dog and my pet chicken:happy:

p.s. I'm sorry if was too much or too little of anything; I have always been less than adept with introducing myself;)

Welcome to the forum. Are you living on campus in Sydney? There are a few people from Sydney on the forums. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your lotl ☺

Hello!!!! You have done the right thing in getting an Axie while at uni. I watch mine when study gets too hard :D It is very therapeutic :)

Yes I'm living on campus in Sydney but when semester isn't on I live on the northern beaches =]

Yes I'm living on campus in Sydney but when semester isn't on I live on the northern beaches =]

That's lucky that your two homes are so close. You could take your axie with you where you go.

That's lucky that your two homes are so close. You could take your axie with you where you go.

That's what I was thinking.:happy: Otherwise I'd have to wait until I finish my degree to get one if I lived too far away:(

Hello!!!! You have done the right thing in getting an Axie while at uni. I watch mine when study gets too hard :D It is very therapeutic :)

Yes! No matter how big or small a pet is they always seem to be able to relax me =]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back