Oxygenating tablets. good or bad?

racheljritchie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Rach
Hi i have my baby lolts in tubs they are just growing their front legs and this weekend i have to leave them for 36 hrs....i am having a panic and have bought large separate containers so their is plenty of water they are in 2 per tub. i am feeding daphnia so it should spoil the water less.

i was wondering tho in general about oxygenating tablets and if they are suitable?
thanks xxx

Re: Oxegenating tablets. good or bad?

Anyone used oxygenating tablets before?

Im sorry im no help, ive never even heard of them before, how do they work?

They're not necessary. Add lots of daphnia, and put extra water in the tubs, and they should be fine.

Im sorry im no help, ive never even heard of them before, how do they work?

I'm not sure...a woman had some in front of me in pet shop queue. The are supposed to be like using an air stone but I don't know how they work:confused:

Well they were fine and look loads bigger in a day!!! Eeeeee I was so scared of them dying so glad they didn't miss me :D

Haha thats better then :) all good in the end

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back