Illness/Sickness: Sick Axie D:

Asevernnnn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Aaron
Well I Have 2 Axolotls, a Lucy Piebald and a Gfp Wild. Both at least 5 inches, same legnth but the piebald is chubbier that the wild. Theyre both in a 20 Long. The Piebald has been attacking the Wild so hes down to 1 full leg, he has 2 stubs, 1 full and one missing legs, i know that they grow back, but will they still grow back even if this wasnt the first time it happened? I Put him in a 1.5 Gallon or whatever Critter keeper for now with dechlorinated water, a hide, etc. Its only about like 1/3rd full since he cant swim very well right now.. is there anything else i can do? i can try to do pics later

Separating them after the first attack would've been the best plan but now you'll need to keep them separated until the injured one is recovered & regrown it's limbs. I've noticed that overall growth slows greatly while they are regenerating just one limb, so to regrow 3 will take a lot out of your lotl & it will need TLC & clean healthy water conditions as well as good quality food (live blackworms if possible) will help the recuperation process. So set up a long term hospital tank so you can easily keep the conditions perfect for a while until all better.

<3 >o_o< <3

He has been in the tank when he was first attacked then the lucy stopped attacking him. Its the biggest thing i got until i get a divider for the 20Long. I dont know what TLC means xD, I'll just ckean the kritter keeper often and see how it works out

TLC = Tender Loving Care

<3 >o_o< <3

Could you post a pic of your piebald? They're rare!

Ive already made a most about my axies, well one of them xD and my gallery has a few i think

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back