Determining age..

Garrettb

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey,
Just looking for some suggestions here.. I'm trying to determine my golden girl's age. When I got her a few months ago, I was told she might be about 9 months old. Since then, she has grown from 6 inches to just under 9 inches. She has blown my wild male out of the water im regards to growth, yet they get the same amount of feed. Her head is about an inch and a half long by about an inch wide, so it's not only the length she has started dominating by. Will my wild catch up, or could he maybe controlled by a genetic imposition to stay smaller?

I have no idea, but a similar situation. Three of my axies reached a nice big size and 25cm long at around 9 months, but one of mine is 24cm but his body and head are proportionally smaller than the other three. He's like a juvie with a long body and a longer tail.

So I'm not sure. He might stay smaller, but he might have a growth spurt too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back