Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Anyone's axies spawning in Australia

Neil C

Reaction score
Mine always seem to spawn in July so a bit early for me. It might be happening in some of the southern states though?

Regards Neil

ilsa

Reaction score
mine have laid eggs which have hatched around 2 weeks ago. All are looking well and some are taking live blackworms

elim

Reaction score
I'm in NSW and mine laid eggs around 9 days ago. :happy:

Quentari

Reaction score
I keep scouring the For Sale part because I really want to try my hand at raising axies but none of mine seem to be breeding :( c'mon aussie axies! get breeding! lol

potto

Reaction score
I have had 2 spawns from 2 different pairs in the last month, they are now just starting to eat some bloodworms :p

ciele02

Reaction score
I just came home to about 200 eggs...freaking out a bit...I thought all my axies were boys! I'm in Brisbane, weather at moment is averaging 18 degrees

pascale

Reaction score
I keep scouring the For Sale part because I really want to try my hand at raising axies but none of mine seem to be breeding :( c'mon aussie axies! get breeding! lol

hehe same... bit of wishful thinking for me with both looking likely to be boys :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1