Color question! Anyone? Anyone? ;)

karipatra

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

So a color question:

My "girl" juvie axie, Audrey, is now just over 4" long at just past 3 months of age. Her parents were both Leucistic, and with the exception of one golden albino, which didn't make it, all of the rest look like they are leucistic as well.

What I'm wondering about is this: when do their bodies actually go white? Because she is pink. A lightish pink, but pink/ mild orange in color.

Are axies like flamingos and take on color from their food? She is strictly on blood worms, though I'll be switching her to pellets in the next week or 2., so was wondering if that's why she is the color she is.

I've seen other people's juvie axie photos and they are white with the purple gill fronds.

Just curious if she's going to lighten up or stay this color.:p

Thanks and hope everyone had a great weekend and Mom'd Day! :D

Attachments

• audrey4.jpg
    audrey4.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 221
  • audrey3.jpg
    audrey3.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 201
that's pretty normal for lecustics. Smiley's a bit pink herself but from what I've seen on here it's normal for them to be pink and lighten a bit as they get older :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back