Strange bumps/blisters on tiger salamander

JTinker92

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have this tiger salamander and i had some of this lizard liter made by zilla and i was told it could be harmful to them so i took it out and i was looking at her and on her tail are some weird looking bumps of some kind what should i do?

I would change out your substrate for starters use moist paper towel until a vet has a look at those blisters. If your looking for a decent substrate, exo terra has blocks of dehydrated forest moss that work wonders. Both Sophie and Socrates have been on Forest moss for the better part of two years. I've also introduced a colony of springtails into the substrate. They are an excellant way of dealing with vegetable and animal waste as they will activly keep that terrarium clean. Once your springtails have established trhemselves, you'll see them on the surface of your water bowl and water film. They are so benificial. As for the forest moss, I try to keep the humidity around 70 to 80% and occasionally mist the moss to keep it moist. Also your springtails do best in moist environments too. use dechlorinated water when you mist.

Attachments

• IMG_7945.JPG
    IMG_7945.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back