Need help breeding tiger salamanders

Reefing

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hey guys, i've read that a lot of people here have successfully breed and raise the offspring of a tiger salmander. Since i live in Indonesia which is a tropical country, i don't have and spring, winter, falls, and summer... Juat wet season and dry season. I kept a pair of tigers in my house which i put in a semi-aquatic tank, hoping for them to breed. But in everycase i read, they need to be placed in a terrarium tank to hibernate, and place them in a semi-aquatic tank at spring to breed.

Any suggestion in how to breed them without spring, winter, and complicated tank set ups?

I'm not too familiar with tiger salamanders, but I imagine you are going to have to find a way to simulate winter by cooling the temperature. With my fire belly newts I put them in a mini fridge set to it's warmest temperature (about 40 F or 4 C). I usually keep them in there for about 4-6 weeks. I'm not sure if this would work for tigers or not, but it could be a start.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back