North America - Epic New Wildlife Documentary

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a shameless plug for a new wildlife documentary series about North America I've been involved with for the past year or so. It's produced by Wild Horizons, who are based in the offices I work in Bristol and has been overseen by some of the great folks that brought us Planet Earth, so expect something special. My company, Films at 59, has been supporting the post production for over a year now so it's great to see it finally make it to transmission. If you are lucky you may even see some of my tree frogs in action, but I don't know for sure if they made the cut.

You can watch previews here: North America : Discovery Channel

Here are the TX dates for US & UK:

*The US airdates on the Discovery Channel are as follows:*

Sunday, May 19 at 9-11p – Born to be Wild & No Place to Hide

Sunday, May 26 at 9p – Learn Young or Die

Sunday, June 2 at 9p – The Savage Edge

Sunday, June 9 at 9p – Skeletons & Outlaws

Sunday, June 16 at 9p – Revealed (at 10p is a Top 10 special produced
by DSC Studios)

*The UK TX dates on Sky are as follows:*

Thursday 23rd May Ep1 – Born to be Wild

Thursday 30th May Ep2 – No Place to Hide

Thursday 6th June Ep3 – Learn Young or Die

Thursday 13th June Ep4 – The Savage Edge

Thursday 20th June Ep5 – Skeletons & Outlaws

Thursday 27th June Ep6 & Ep7 – Revealed & a Top 10 special produced
by DSC Studios

Last edited:
Fantastic!. I´m looking forward to it :) I think i´ve pretty much seen all the (warning, subjective comment ahead) worthwhile documentaries that have ever been produced, lol, so fresh meat is wonderful news. I´m starving.
Thank you for the heads up, Mark, and beware, we´ll be judging it and by extension, YOU :D

I can take no credit for the content im afraid. You may direct favourable comments about the excellent hardware used to edit the programmes and high level of technical support in my direction :D

I can proudly say I have 2 episodes already pvr'd and I loved them both:D great job and I love the new material!! +1!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back