Golden Axolotls

wolfheart2112

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Morgan
So I've been looking around on here and Google and I can't find a picture of a golden axolotl that wasn't an albino!:eek: Are all golden's albino? :rolleyes: I'd love to get one of these to add to my little family but those red eyes kinda freak me out :$ Still very lovely and something I'm sure I could get used to :p So just curious if they ALL have red eyes :)

Yeah they are golden albino's. Coppers have a similar colour (yellow or light tan) but their eyes are darker, (still red, just darker) so maybe try and find one of those?

Yeah they are golden albino's. Coppers have a similar colour (yellow or light tan) but their eyes are darker, (still red, just darker) so maybe try and find one of those?

Thanks so much! I'll probably try for the regular albino golden then :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368968386.276565.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368968420.103090.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368968441.972503.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368968475.182261.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368968505.652979.jpg

Not all goldens are albino :)

Here's a few that I have & the comparison to actual albinos.
I've been calling them
Golden Wildtypes because they do have the shiny ring & dark eye.

<3 >o_o< <3

I know someone with a dark eyed goldie.

If you are looking for a golden axie there is a guy in kijiji selling for $15 for regular golden and GFP golden for $30.

I have a golden albino that is 4 inches his eyes are not that creepy red color they are more orange. I personally like the leucistic and golden morphs the best.

If you are looking for a golden axie there is a guy in kijiji selling for $15 for regular golden and GFP golden for $30.

I have a golden albino that is 4 inches his eyes are not that creepy red color they are more orange. I personally like the leucistic and golden morphs the best.

It's the red creepy colour I'm worried about :$ And same here, but I couldn't resist my little cutie wild :rolleyes: Which area is he from or if you could, could you send me the link? :eek:
And that's weird! I thought they only were albino so that's pretty cool Nikki!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back