Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi, New Axolotl owner here.

CraigWild

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm Craig from Brentwood in the UK and the proud owner of two 1 year old Axolotls.

I was hoping to get a male and a female, but I think I managed to get two males instead, not sure though.

I'm a beginner Axolotl owner, so hoping to learn lots of things to keep my Axolotls happy.

Looking forward to meeting you on the forum

Craig.

CJ1981

Reaction score
Hello and welcome!

I'm sure you will find lots of advice and help, hope you enjoy the forum

CraigWild

Reaction score
Hi Thank you for the messages.

I haven't named the Axolotls yet, any suggestions welcome :)

I have confirmed that I have got 2 males, I am now looking for a female to add to the group.

Hope you're all well

Craig.

Dipsy66

Reaction score
Onyx and Opal? It's a toughie...so many great names out there.

Because they (Axolotls) are originally from Mexico I was researching Mexican Gods names....they have some great ones, but pronunciation isn't always easy! :happy:

You'll have to let us know what you decide on.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1