Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Organic chicken manure help please!

AxieNewbie

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just some quick advice if anyone can help, i was feeding my axolotls earthworms, but the other day me and mum decided to do the garden and ive turned the patch i got worms from into a veggie plot, and i raked in some organic chicken maneure pellets to help the veggies obviously. However now im unsure if i can still feed the earthworms to my axies?

Its completely organic stuff but dont want to make them ill so theyve only eaten bloodworm since. Please any advice would be great!

MiseryInc

Reaction score
Hi AxieNewbie.

I'd see what the other more hardcore Axie owners say, however in any case I would say that the organic chicken manure (after being allowed to settle and decompose, making the soil better - nutritious) would be great for your Axies!

That would mean that the worms coming from there, would be more nutritional to your Axie :D

Or so my limit of Biology, would agree.

I would however A) Wait until another member responds to it and that is then backed up by others and B) keep feeding them bloodworms for now :)

Hope I helped!
Tom

AxieNewbie

Reaction score
Well thats what i thought and hoped too!! Thankyou muchly for your advice, we'll see how many others agree if anyone else replies! Thanks Tom! X

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I agree. If it's organic, it's mostly just worm food.

Tell your mom not to put too much on, or it'll burn her plants though!

I'm working on a closed-loop system: worms from the garden, to the salamanders, who contribute their poop and waste water back to the garden! Same thing with my daphnia-greenwater-axolotl loop (although the axies are too big for daphnia now).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!