Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New to Caudata.org...

Dipsy66

Reaction score
Hi, I am in the process of setting up my tank for two new axolotl arrivals...am totally new to this and have read so much to ensure that I will be doing the best for my newbies when they arrive in about 2 weeks time. Some advice is conflicting but I, no doubt, will be using this forum for advice in the future.
I have one pink and one black and green coming....I am using sand as the base of my tank with large pebbles for decoration, much larger than the axolotls so no chance of swallowing mishaps. I have fake plants and two hides for them to shelter in. I can't wait and am so excited.
The advice on here has been invaluable and I can see it will continue to be so.
I look forward to liaising with the "experts" on here. :happy:

Petersgirl

Reaction score
Welcome! Don't be afraid to ask any and all questions, you'll find plenty of experience and advice on here! Also, we would love to see some photos of your babies when they arrive :)

Dipsy66

Reaction score
Thanks lovely peeps.....looking forward to picking your brains.

I was asked by my boss to purchase an Axolotl for the office....he's into anything aquatic big time. So I got Rosie and, never one to take on a pet without full research, I've been reading as many of the posts on here as I can as well as researching on the internet.

I have been bitten by the bug. As soon as I can, I'll post pics of my new arrivals but in the interim, here's Axolotl Rosie...our official office mascot.

Pic 1) First day in her new home
Pic 2) After her first week in situ
Pic 3) Exploring her hide away.........

Attachments

• 2013-05-17 13.42.46.jpg
    2013-05-17 13.42.46.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMAG0396.jpg
    IMAG0396.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0385.jpg
    IMAG0385.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 98

Petersgirl

Reaction score
Ahh! Rosie is so pretty! :) And her name suits her perfectly!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!