Strange spots/lumps

Tephra

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
My little Dilly girl has had these forever. They don't seem to do her any harm however. She has an amazing appetite.
I have no idea what they are; are they just part of her coloring...?
Her coloring in general is somewhat... strange, but it's always been like that. Those lump things are still quite strange :s

If it could possibly be anything like parasites or something... I want to treat her asap :/

All her tank mates are in perfect health and have nothing like this.
All water parameters are perfect (NO3 and NO2 both color white when testing, pH is 7.2, KH is 8, GH is 13, ammonia is around 0.01ppm)
Temperature is a constant 16 degrees.
I work with a juwel bioflow 8.0 filter, containing a cirax case, a nitrate sponge, a poly pad for holding the biggest filth and the rest is filled up with regular sponges.

tephra-albums-dweeby-derpy-dopey-dilly-picture28932-dilly.jpg

tephra-albums-dweeby-derpy-dopey-dilly-picture28933-lumps.jpg

tephra-albums-dweeby-derpy-dopey-dilly-picture28934-lumps.jpg

tephra-albums-dweeby-derpy-dopey-dilly-picture28935-lumps.jpg

It looks like those are just iridiphores, although I've never seen them zoomed in that much!

Are they new? They could just be her lateral line? My leucistic has very small yellowish markings along him which I just presume are the lateral line.

looks like normal axolotl skin to me! they are always covered with lumps and bumps. The older they are the more lumpy they seem to get too.

If he is not acting strangely, or looking sick, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back