Water Conditioner Question

K3teach

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have read that some types of water conditioner can be harmful to axolotls, so I want to ask if anyone knows if API Stress Coat + is okay. I already have this because I use it for my fish tank, but I will buy the plain without the stress coat if that's what I need to do for the axi's.

Thanks in advance for your help! :D

I've read of several people on here using API Stress coat. I usually use seachem prime with the slime coat or a cheap store brand without a slime coat additive. Most water conditioners should be fine. The only thing to watch for with the stress/slime coat, is that when it decays, it adds ammonia to the tank. Shouldn't be much of a problem in an established tank though.

Great! I will make sure to monitor the levels in the tank carefully. Thanks! I appreciate it!

I use API and know a few others who do as well. You should be fine :) I'm sure they'd probably like a bubbler as well~

I use API stress coat :) its good and i feel better knowing they have that extra aloe protection hehe

do you just use API Stress Coat with axolotl/tiger salamander larvae tanks or do you need another dechlorinator that Works to remove chlorine and chloramines and neutralize heavy metals found in tap water for a healthy aquarium environment? can i use the API Tap water conditioner on my tiger salamander larvae tank water or does it need to be something else.
it says safe for aquatic life but i am not sure if that means amphibians. the API tap water conditioner is used mainly for fish but says safe for aquatic life. i have fish thats why i am asking. instead of having to buy 2 different kinds of water conditioners id like to use one on both to save money. i use the api tap water conditioner, api stress coat, topfin bacteria suppliment on my fish tank. can i use just the stress coat on my tiger larvae's tank or can i use just the tap water conditioner or can i use both to better the tank? is it saf to use the API Tap water conditioner on my larvae? are all 3 safe for use in my larvae's tank?

Attachments

• 20140227_073554[1].jpg
    20140227_073554[1].jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 20140227_073609[1].jpg
    20140227_073609[1].jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 255
do you just use API Stress Coat with axolotl/tiger salamander larvae tanks or do you need another dechlorinator that Works to remove chlorine and chloramines and neutralize heavy metals found in tap water for a healthy aquarium environment? can i use the API Tap water conditioner on my tiger salamander larvae tank water or does it need to be something else.
it says safe for aquatic life but i am not sure if that means amphibians. the API tap water conditioner is used mainly for fish but says safe for aquatic life. i have fish thats why i am asking. instead of having to buy 2 different kinds of water conditioners id like to use one on both to save money. i use the api tap water conditioner, api stress coat, topfin bacteria suppliment on my fish tank. can i use just the stress coat on my tiger larvae's tank or can i use just the tap water conditioner or can i use both to better the tank? is it saf to use the API Tap water conditioner on my larvae? are all 3 safe for use in my larvae's tank?

There is no need to use all three, one is just fine and from what I hear stress coat is perfectly safe. I use stress coat for my axie and my fish.

You don't need to post this question on every thread you see - someone will get to you. You could also start your own thread rather than posting on older ones (and subsequently confusing me LOL).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back