Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Yay got a axolotl :-)

allyr81

Reaction score
Well they day finally arrived yesterday after hours and hours of driving and stopping and searching and getting frustrated, I found my black red gill axolotl, and after all that driving I found an advertisement of someone selling her that only lived 15 minutes down the road :(
So now she is chilling in her new tank living it up, cute as ever so I'm now a proud owner of an axie lol, maybe two come Tuesday.......

allyr81

Reaction score
Hmmm my girl is on bare bottom tank no sand, gravel nothing!!! This morning I woke up this morning and she had 15 or more peices of white gravel on the bottom of her tank! Regurgitation?
She didn't want to eat I don't blame her if that is what she had I. Her gut :-(

FX1C

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new addition :D

Sadly the gravel may continue to appear for quite sometime :( but it's great she's able to get it out - keep offering food & hopefully they'll all pass or be regurgitated without too much of a problem. Make sure to keep removing it as you find it.

It would be great to see some pics of your new lotl :) we love putting faces to names lol

<3 >o_o< <3

allyr81

Reaction score
I will post pics as soon as I get on the computer :)
So yesterday we had 15 pebbles (removed from tank) and today 21 where on earth is she keeping these pebbles... :-(

FX1C

Reaction score
I will post pics as soon as I get on the computer :)
So yesterday we had 15 pebbles (removed from tank) and today 21 where on earth is she keeping these pebbles... :-(

:eek: they're all stuck inside :(

Yet another case of why gravel is so bad - so happy your lotl is getting them out... That's the most important thing :eek:

<3 >o_o< <3

NikkiMI

Reaction score
You must be so excited! :p They are cute and fun to watch. I can't believe they're not more well known. I'm happy I found out about them. No one ever mentioned one once, I randomly found out about them a few months ago online and was like :eek:asdkubglsivnuh!!! LOL They must be so underrated :(

allyr81

Reaction score
I am very excited, I had one when I was alot younger and he passed away, I love them as they look like they are smiling at you lol....

FX1C

Reaction score
Wow :eek: better out than in!

Did you take any before photos & could you post a pic of the gravel pile so far please. This is interesting for others to see :)

<3 >o_o< <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!