Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Tank lights...

Dipsy66

Reaction score
I would like to be able to see my little axies in the evenings when I'm home....at the moment the tank just has ordinary white lights and I'm conscious of the fact they don't like too much light and I don't want the lights warming the water up to much.

Is there anything I can use that would be better for them for 3 to 4 hours of an evening???? Someone suggested blue lights to me but I wanted the opinion of the "experts" on here first.

Your feedback would be very much appreciated.

mikeg

Reaction score
I personally have never tried but i would imagine if you can get a soft white light bulb it would work without hurting your axolotls eyes as well as provide enough light to see your tank.

Bdyoung

Reaction score
I made a DIY led light fixture out of car interior LEDs. They are soft and not so intense and my axolotls seem to come out more with them on.

snuggly time

Reaction score
In winter I used a blue LED. It's facing the wall so it's not directed straight into the axie's tank. It didn't disturb him when I turned it on. :happy:

Attachments

• IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 153
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!