Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Really Hot out side

rdoyle225

Reaction score
Ok I want to get a Axolotl but it is getting up and over 37c where I live. It is not even summer yet. I am so not looking forward to full blown summer
Should I hold off until fall or winter to have one ship to me?

Quentari

Reaction score
Do a test, stick a thermometer in a bowl of water in your room and see how warm it gets. Otherwise I'd hold off until you can get a chiller for your tank, sounds like your summers get pretty hot and so it's no use getting one in winter then not be able to keep it cool next summer

Gangsterluff

Reaction score
I wouldn't risk it. Mine were delivered in the spring when the temps weren't too bad out side. I'd wait until this winter or next spring after everybody's axies have laid eggs and get you one then. Oh and I feel you with the heat. It was 99 degrees here at our place today (about 37.2 C) and with enough humidity to last the rest of the year! And it's not even the first official day of summer! Thank goodness for air conditioners!

rdoyle225

Reaction score
Ok I will then. Yea I live in South Louisiana with 100 Hum almost everyday. right now it is 12pm and it is 80 but fells like 86 with 87 humidity

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!